10×10 is committed to being transparent about how we collect and process your personal data and complying with the relevant privacy laws in the countries and jurisdictions in which we run events.
Collection of personal information
Large parts of our website can be viewed without collecting personal data. However in order to
- Attend an event
- Sign up to our newsletter
- Make a donation
- Volunteer as a committee member
- Nominate as a charity
- Send a thankyou note after attending an event
- Complete a survey
- Answer an email query
We do require Personally Identifiable Information. This information may be required by us or our country partners and third party platform providers who manage the event ticketing and pledging on our behalf. When we refer to “we” this incorporates 10×10 and all such partners and providers.
When attending an event we send all registrants a thankyou email post the event. Should you not wish to receive this thankyou email please notify us.
The information we collect
The Personal Information we collect from you is:
- Your name;
- Mobile number;
- Email contact;
- Date of birth;
- Credit Card details ( where applicable)
- Whether your donation is eligible for Gift Aid ( where applicable only in UK)
No attempt will be made by 10×10 to identify visitors or their browsing activities on 10×10 website.
Security of the information we collect
10×10 takes your privacy very seriously. If you provide 10×10 with your personal information then it may become part of our records which are stored electronically or by our country partners and third party platform providers ( specifically Raise your hands in the UK and or Giving Back Fund in the USA). 10×10 takes all reasonable care to protect it against unauthorized access and misuse. However we do not make any warranties in relation to the security or otherwise of that data.
We do not retain credit card details. This service is provided by the relevant merchant platform gateways in each country we operate.
How we use your data
We use your data for the purposes of organising and hosting fundraising events. Specifically we will;
– Add your contact details to our database so we may contact you with in relation to events you are attending and have made a pledge for, to send you a thankyou post that event and this is understood by you as a “legitimate interest” in our events
– Send you information about future 10×10 events in your city and updates or follow up stories from 10×10 events so you can see the impact of your support, as well as our yearly social impact report.
– Use your contact details to issue a tax deductible receipt
– Collect and store your data as part of our obligations for accounting and tax
You have the right to access any of the information that 10×10 processes about you and also to request the following:
– What information we hold about you
– The purpose(s) of processing that data
– The recipients of any data disclosure
– How long we intend to hold your personal data
If you believe we hold incorrect or incomplete data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or update this information, and we will strive to do so as quickly as possible. If there is a valid reason for not being able to do this, we will notify you.
You have the right to request the erasure of your personal data or to restrict the processing (where applicable) in accordance with data protection laws, as well as to object to any direct marketing at any point.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of these rights, we may ask for verification of your identity before acting on the request, to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Sharing and disclosing and retaining your personal data
We will not share or disclose your personal data unless required by law or for the purposes detailed in this notice. 10×10 only keeps your data for as long as necessary for the purposes outlined above and to comply with relevant legislation and we review data regularly.
Photography and Video from 10×10 events
10×10 takes photos and often video at all events. When registering for a 10×10 event you accept and agree that you may be captured on film and featured potentially on a 10×10 social media channel, website or other 10×10 collateral. Please contact us if at any time you wish us to delete any content pertaining to you.