2.0 Privacy Protection Principles
10×10’s responsibility for data protection principles includes making sure your information is:
- used fairly, lawfully and transparently
- used for specified, explicit purposes
- used in a way that is adequate, relevant and limited to only what is necessary
- accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date
- kept for no longer than is necessary
- handled in a way that ensures appropriate security, including protection against unlawful or unauthorised processing, access, loss, destruction or damage.
Unless you directly give us consent to do otherwise, 10×10 will only collect and use your Personal Information as set out below.
 Those countries where 10×10 operates and the identified privacy legislation include:
- Privacy Act 1988 (Cth Australia) including the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs)
- Privacy Act 2020 (NZ), including Information Privacy Principles (IPPs)
- Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486) 2012 (HK), including Data Protection Principles (DPPs)
- Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act 2000 (Canada), including the Canadian Standards Association‘s Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information 1995
- The Privacy Act 1974 (USA)
- The Data Protection Act 2018 (UK) including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
3.0 Collection of information
10×10 will collect Personal Information as is reasonably necessary for one or more of our functions, or where the collection of information is otherwise permitted by law. We collect Personal Information when you:
- volunteer with 10×10
- register to attend a 10×10 event (in-person, digital or hybrid)
- donate to a 10×10 campaign
- interact with 10×10 as a Not-for-profit Partner candidate
- send us an email
- contact us through our websites
- contact us by phone
- participate in 10×10 fundraising initiatives
- become a 10×10 sponsor, donor or supporter
- engage 10X10 to assist you with an event or workshop
- subscribe to the 10×10 newsletter
- complete a 10×10 survey or form
At the time that we collect and store your Personal Information, we will ask you to confirm that we use your data for the purposes listed in Point 5 below.
3.1 Type of information collected
The type of information that you may provide to 10×10 can include (but is not limited to):
- your name and date of birth;
- your contact details, such as home and email addresses, and telephone number;
- information about your personal circumstances (eg: marital status, gender, job title and relevant information about your partner and children);
- photographs and video (where your identity is clear or can be reasonably ascertained from the relevant image).
3.2 Type of information not collected
10×10 does not collect sensitive information such as health, genetic or biometric information, political or religious affiliations, racial origin or sexual orientation from individuals except with express consent from the individual and only where it is necessary for an activity or function.
If you are under 18 years of age, you should obtain your parents’/guardians’ permission prior to providing your Personal Information.
If you choose not to provide Personal Information, we will not be able to:
- communicate with you
- issue tax receipts and process donations
- provide you with opportunities to participate in 10X10 events.
No attempt will be made by 10×10 to identify visitors or their browsing activities except where required by law or when authorised by 10Xx10 management in connection with investigations into possible breaches of the law.
5.0 Use & disclosure of your Personal Information
10×10 holds, uses and discloses Personal Information about individuals for the following purposes:
- to organise teams of volunteers into Project Committees;
- to organise and host live, digital and hybrid crowdfunding events;
- to organise and produce fundraising and other types of events for not-for-profit purposes;
- processing donations and maintaining accurate records about who donates to us;
- assessing the purpose, if specified, for which donations are made;
- meeting our legal obligations, such as providing donors with official receipts for their donations;
- keeping our supporters informed about the impact their donations are having on grassroots non-profits;
- keeping our supporters informed about 10×10’s activities, campaigns and appeals;
- keeping our supporters informed about other services, products, campaigns and appeals;
- conducting surveys;
- developing and managing relationships with our employees, contractors and clients; and
- investigating and resolving complaints.
5.1 Use of Personal Information
5.2 10X10 does not share or sell Personal Information
Sometimes 10×10 extracts information from our collected records to produce aggregated data. This aggregated data does not identify individuals and therefore does not contain Personal Information. 10×10 uses the aggregated data for research purposes and sometimes shares this data with third parties.
5.3 10×10 partners, service providers and Personal Information
10×10 will occasionally hire other companies to provide services on our behalf, including but not limited to handling customer support enquiries, implementing communications activities or managing financial transactions. Those organisations will be permitted to obtain only the Personal Information they need to perform and deliver the service. 10×10 takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your Personal Information.
10×10 can disclose Personal Information to related or unrelated third parties, such as our funded not-for-profit or event partners, but only if consent has been obtained from the individual.
6.0 Security of Personal Information
If you provide 10×10 with Personal Information, your Personal Information will become part of our records and be held electronically and/or in physical form at our office. 10×10 takes reasonable care to ensure that hard-copy and electronic records containing Personal Information are transmitted, stored and processed securely to protect it against unauthorised access and misuse.
No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, 10×10 cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us over the internet, and you do so at your own risk.
7.0 Information and images from 10×10 events
10×10 captures photographs and video content at all in-person, digital and hybrid events. When registering, RSVP-ing or attending a 10×10 event you accept and agree that you can be captured on film and featured in the relevant Gallery or Album sections of this website or 10×10’s social media channels. We can, from time to time, also use this content in tactical marketing communications. If at any time you want us to delete any image or video clip featuring you please contact us and we will promptly remove it.
8.0 Accessing and correcting your Personal Information
10×10 is serious about privacy and strives to always maintain the highest standards for safeguarding your privacy. If you are concerned about how we manage and maintain your Personal Information, you can contact 10x10HQ in writing by email or post at the details set out in this document.
We will register your complaint and conduct an internal investigation of the matter and report back to you with our proposed next steps within 14 days. We can, for example, do any of the following:
- make a formal apology to you;
- take appropriate remedial action;
- undertake that the conduct will not occur again;
- implement administrative measures to ensure that the conduct will not occur again; and/ or
- determine that we need take no further action.
If you are unhappy with the outcome of your complaint, you can take your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner or the equivalent authorised body in your jurisdiction.
10.0 Online Privacy
Websites – When you visit our websites to read, browse or download information, our system records information such as browser type, operating system, the date and time you visit the websites, the pages accessed, and any information downloaded. This information is used to analyse how people use our websites so that we can improve our offerings.
Third party cookies – To better communicate 10×10’s work, we sometimes embed photos and video content from websites such as YouTube. Pages with this embedded content can present cookies from these websites. Similarly, when you use one of the ‘share’ buttons on our website, a cookie can be sent by the service you have chosen to share content through. 10×10 does not control the dissemination of these cookies and you should check the relevant third-party website for more information about these. In addition, if you linked to our website from a third-party website, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners or operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
Google Analytics – We use Google Analytics to inform and optimise content based on your past visits to our websites. Google Analytics informs us of how visitors use our websites based on their browsing habits, so that we can improve our websites, and make it easier to find information. Google also receives this information as you browse our websites and other websites on the Google Display Network using Remarketing. If you would like to opt-out of customised Google Display Network services and Google Analytics for Display Advertising you can use ad settings. You can also use the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on so you are not tracked into Google Analytics.
Secure online transactions – If you make a purchase or donate through our 10×10 website, we process your credit/debit card details securely over the Internet using an accredited internet payment security system. With the combination of SSL encryption on our website and a secure browser at your end, we take reasonable measures to ensure that your credit/debit card and Personal Information are protected when you donate online. 10×10 does not retain your credit card details. We use third party payment system providers who can retain your payment details. Your payment data, if retained, is held in compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard. We also recommend that you take appropriate security precautions when accessing the internet via public Wi-Fi networks or shared computers.
12.0 Contacting us
Post: Attn: 10×10 Executive
10×10 Philanthropy Limited
120b Underwood St, Paddington, NSW, 2021
Last revised August 2021.