Join us for an in-person event to support three very meaningful organizations:
Food Finders, Seeds of Hope and Up and Running Again.
Date: Tuesday November 16th, 2021
Location: The Rose Room
6 Rose Ave, Venice, CA 90291
Spots are limited! Make a tax deductible $100 pledge in support of our three social purpose partners. Next, we’ll come together at our very special event. Upon arrival you’ll receive 2 x $50 charity dollar vouchers and after hearing the charity pitches, you get to decide who your donation goes to – it’s all part of the fun of 10×10!
Your volunteer Project Committee are taking care of the hospitality so we’re delighted to provide you with complimentary food and beverages too!
So what are you waiting for?
Food Finders is a food rescue nonprofit organization with a primary focus of reducing hunger while also reducing food waste. They coordinate the daily pick-up of donated excess food from grocers, restaurants, hospitals, schools, manufacturers and more; food is then distributed directly and immediately to nonprofit recipients, such as pantries, shelters, youth programs and senior centers, to be used for hot meals or grocery distribution for people who are struggling and food insecure. Food Finders rescues enough food for 30,000 meals per day.
Seeds of Hope’s mission is to seek food justice – equal, affordable access to healthy, nutritious food. Just in the last year, Seeds of Hope distributed close to 10 million servings of fresh produce to over 50 agencies serving about 100,000 clients throughout Southern California. Seeds of Hope provides curated nutrition education and cooking classes that educate clients on the tastiest ways to eat a healthy diet using the same produce we are giving away. Seeds of Hope brings all this work back to its roots by building gardens and farms and providing work days, events and education around where our food comes from and how we can be a part of changing our food system.
Up and Running Again helps provide a pathway to lifelong success by training homeless individuals living in rescue missions to complete half marathons. Hard work, discipline, and teamwork gets them to the finish line of the race, but also to the starting line of a new life filled with confidence, dignity, and hope. Every year, 100+ runners complete half-marathons, and gain the confidence needed to overcome addictions, reconcile relationships, and walk into life forever changed.
10×10 LA is powered by a group of young professionals who have volunteered their time and resources to launch a crowdfunding event to support grassroots non-profit organizations doing compelling community work.
10×10 connects volunteers at a local community level and together they produce live crowdfunding ‘Shark Tank’ style events. Each committee identifies three grassroots non-profits and invites them to pitch for funds from the event audience.
The event is supported by 10×10 – a predominantly volunteer run organisation working to empower a new generation of passionate philanthropists and create a sustainable movement for grassroots giving.
Looking for a way to get more meaningfully involved with your community?
Here’s how you can get involved with Food Finders, Seeds of Hope and Up and Running Again.
WHY VOLUNTEER: Volunteers are important to our mission because without them we wouldn’t be able to accomplish it, it is simple. They are the backbone of our organization and always have been. Volunteers allow us to reach communities we don’t have the hired manpower for, to rescue food from stores we cannot make it out to and distribute food in communities too far to logistically send a hired driver. When a volunteer donates their time and skills to our organization, they increase our capacity to serve our Southern California community in ways that are hard to put into numbers.
FOOD FINDERS NEED:
1. Food rescue volunteers: We have a Food Finders app that relies on volunteers signing up to rescue food. If there are individuals with some free time who want to help their local community, downloading our Food Finders app is a great start!
2. Finance/Operations volunteers: From time to time we do need volunteers from a financial background or operations background to help us with admin work.
1. November 20th & 21st 10am -4pm: sort and pack; this is a huge event we host every year where volunteers come to a location in Long Beach and pack over 4,000 boxes and distribute over 4,000 turkeys across two days to our nonprofit agencies.
2. November 30th – GivingTuesday: and our campaign theme this year is #GiveMore. We are going to talk about how this holiday season, we should think about more that just giving gifts and what that truly means when it comes to food. Our campaign goal is $15,000 in 24 hours and this is a great opportunity for supporters who are interested in donating but cannot during the presentation, to make an impact in 2021 still.
3. October 1st – December 31st Holiday Food Drive: This is our annual holiday food drive and volunteers are always needed in our warehouse to help sort and organize donations into family boxes or to unpack donated bags from our grocery store partners. Volunteers are also encouraged to start a food drive and collect items if it works better for their schedule. I’ve also attached the flyer for that event as well.
WHY VOLUNTEER: Volunteers provide Seeds of Hope with the capacity to fulfil its mission to cultivate wellness throughout Southern California. Whether they help with produce distribution, nutrition and cooking classes or gardening; volunteers provide us with much needed extra hands so that we can provide more services to those in need.
SEEDS OF HOPE NEED VOLUNTEERS FOR:
1. On site physical labor
2. Website Development
1. November 23rd: Thanksgiving sorting event at Pico Union Project 8:30am-4pm, need help with physical labor, volunteer management, sorting
WHY VOLUNTEER: We couldn’t do what we do without volunteers. Long term life transformation through a half marathon finish can only happen because we have volunteers. The only reason we have programs all over the US is because of our volunteers. Every coach at each program around the country is a volunteer. People volunteering their time for videography or photography allow us to engage more people with the life transformation of the Up and Running Again program. When someone volunteers to man a water station on a Saturday they individually impact each runner who comes by, encouraging them and showing them that they are supported and cared for. Volunteers who run alongside Up and Running Again runners get the chance to directly encourage runners, lend a listening ear, and develop long term relationships with runners which will forever impact both the volunteer and the runner.
UP AND RUNNING AGAIN NEED:
1. Running support: Saturday morning water stations, course marking, post run food coordination and preparation.
2. Videography: We are looking for someone who has videography and/or video editing skills to come film practices, races, testimonies, and help us create more video content.
3. Photography: We always have a need for people with a passion for photography who want to come out to practices and races and take photos.
4. Administration: Someone with administration skills who can volunteer 3-5 hours per week on an ongoing basis assisting with organization of documents, travel scheduling, other administrative support.
5. Storage: If someone has a connection or has a space that we can use for storage at a low cost or for free, that would be helpful. Centrally located to Orange County. We are just looking for a medium sized storage unit.
1. December 16th: Pre-race Banquet, help with set up, food service, clean up. Time and Location TBD, either Long Beach or OC Mission.
2. Running: Long Beach and Orange County teams run at 5:30 AM Monday, Tuesday and Thursday mornings at the Long Beach and OC rescue missions. They run at 6:30 AM on Saturday mornings. They are training for a race on December 18th.